What is Lenovo Mirage Solo?
Lenovo Mirage Solo is a revolutionary $399 VR headset that was created thanks to the partnership between Lenovo and Google. The good news is that in order to be immersed in the virtual world, you do not need a separate smartphone nor a powerful PC, because Lenovo Mirage Solo has the innards of a modern Android smartphone powering it.
- It has a built-in 5.5-inch screen with a 2560 x 1440 resolution (1280 x 1440 per eye) and a Snapdragon 835 processor
- plasticky white body
- 4GB of RAM
- 64GB of storage
- a microSD slot
- Weight: 1.42 pounds
- A battery size of 4000 mAH
What technology is used?
While wearing the VR headset, you can move your head around in full 3D space thanks to Google’s WorldSense technology, which is an inside-out tracking tech. Two cameras on the front of the hardware are used by The WorldSense system. Now, just put the headset on your head and this technology lets you get off the couch to walk, jump, dodge or otherwise interact with the virtual world you’re seeing.
Google mentioned, after announcing the partnership with Lenovo, that 350 games and 70 that are using the WorldSense 6DoF technology will be available on this VR headset. So, you can already start browsing the games and see if you like the content.
- WorldSense works brilliantly
- Comfortable design
- A fully untethered VR experience offering six degrees of freedom.
- Excellent screen with light-directing Fresnel lenses and a 110-degree field of view.
- Solid construction
- Limited motion controls
- There s only one controller, which means you can not grab objects or interact with avatars in social way like yo can with more sophisticated platforms
- LCD Display, instead of OLED
- Bulki for transport
Lenovo Mirage Solo provides an excellent, imersive and premium experience and it represents one of the first fully-integrated VR headsets to hit the market and by using it, the most demanding games are able to run at optimum speed thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 which is the same chip powering the Galaxy S8 handset.