As promised, here are our latest progress updates:
- Changed UV2 channel (lightmapping channel) – the checkered pattern is now uniforme and allowed me to bake new lightmaps at lower resolution and still get better results
- Number of maps: – before: 128 maps – after: 59
- Final build size is now 75Mb Smaller
- Fixed many other UV2 channel issues (some areas of a mesh were not baked)
- New lightmaps have much better quality ( although the number of maps is twice as low)
- After all the mesh optimization, mesh combine, new lightmaps and other small fixes the FPS rate is now more than double.
TS Demo updates:
– merged TPS and FPS Cameras into one PlayerCamera
– splitted TW_AvatarControl into 3 scripts:
– TW_AvatarControl.cs ( humanoid animations control )
– CamerasControl.cs ( PlayerCamera and OVR)
– SoundControl.cs ( environment and player sounds)
– changed Action Control Key from F to E
– integrated new info panels from Cornel
– zipline supports now Oculus Cameras Free View
– integrated Alex new TS location
– added Indicators to help player find zipline/apartment/free fall
– TPS Cam bug when reviving the character remained locked – fixed
– OVR was not controled by the player – fixed
– OVR Player was knocked down ocasionaly when it was grounded – fixed
– OVR was not corrected automatically after it was revived – fixed
– OVR was not compatible with car platform – fixed
– OVR remained locked to head when after parachuting and player has landed – fixed
– new logo proposals for merk
-made new info panels images needed in Timewalk demo
-made new control panel
-research for MERK website
– worked on optimizing code and improving performance for TS Demo and Merk
– made some classes smaller, broke some classes into smaller ones, easier to read, modify, etc (code maintenance)
– tested performance of our applications using DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 9 – major performance improvement
– worked with Cristian Bronescu on fixing bugs in TS Demo, improve the camera system, fine tune animations, functionality, etc.
– haven’t been able to make a working weapon spawn system in Merk, however now, at round restart, we reload the scene and the weapons would respawn
– added quality sliders for TS Demo as well with controls for quality level, anti-aliasing, resolution, etc.
– made a special build just for Oculus – we start the application, if we don’t have any saved preferences, we instantiate a generic character and switch to Oculus by default
– when in OVR mode, when we hit Revive, the character revives and resets Oculus by itself.
– 2 videos with Bogdan Deaky holding presentations at AltFest Brasov
– 1 presentation film with TimeWalk at AltFest Brasov
– 1 video with a channel interviewing Bogdan Deaky about TimeWalk
Check out our blog weekly for new progress updates!